Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Sunday 23 May 2010

No Power

My hubby and I arrived home in the wee early hours of this morning...around 1:30 am.  I noticed as I was driving up the highway it seemed to be eerily darker than usual.  Yes the heavy rain cloud cover had something to do with that but also the absence of yard lights.  It didn't dawn on my until I walked into the house and realized that the lights weren't turning on.  No idea of how long the power had been out but figured it had been a while as the house was a touch cool.  We had rain on and off for since around 3pm Saturday afternoon. 

When I woke up this morning around 9am, it didn't take long to realize that the power was still out.  In need of a coffee I got dressed and headed into town for a Sausage McMuffin and Coffee.  Then headed down to Walmart in search of a baby quilt panel.  We have a new nephew, born in March and still haven't found the right quilt panel to make a quilt for little Luke.  I guess I am going to have to check out Fabricland.  The girl at Walmart also told me that they are cutting back on their fabric considerably possibly going right out of it.  :(

I figured for sure that the power would be back on by the time I got home around 1pm...RIGHT no such luck.  I should have had my camera with me as I would have been able to get a good picture of the family of Canada Geese that are residing in the slew just down the road from my house. Every time I tried to call SaskPower's 24 Outage Number I kept getting the same message that they could not take my call at this time due to the high number of calls and to keep trying.

So with no power....I decided pass the time by stamping some of my Magnolia Tilda & Edwin Stamps.  Once I stamped 4 of each of my stamps I decided to try and color a couple of them.  I haven't take pictures of them yet but will post a sneak peak of them for you to see.

Finally my hubby decided we need a generator so off to town he goes to borrow from our friends.  Well as it is their generator didn't want to start so off to Walmart he heads to buy a generator.  Just before Al gets home I finally get through to an agent at SaskPower.  Al gets home fills the generator with fuel, gets extension cords hooked up to the generator and into the house, parks the truck, comes in the house and power comes on.  Who would have known!  Oh well the generator will come in handy in the future.

This has to be the wettest Victoria Day weekend we have had in a few years.  The winds have been unbelievable as well.  I really home Monday and Tuesday are nicer as I don't have to go back to work till Wednesday and I would love a couple of days of nice weather.

No comments: