Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Wednesday 28 March 2012

I Believe~

For the past few years I have been attempting to shed some of the most unwanted pounds that I have gained over the years.  It always seemed something would happen that would stop my progress and I would revert back to my old ways.  I always say I could talk the talk, but just need to start walking the walk....well I am hoping that I am back the point where I do both - talk the talk and walk the walk.  Back in 2008 I was off to a great start in 3 months I had lost just over 30 lbs, then my dad passed away and I stopped living my life the way I was.  I think I just stopped as a coping mechanism to the loss of my dad....I guess you could say in my mind if I didn't tear this brick wall down then I wouldn't have to accept that my dad was gone and I would be fine in my own denial world, but I wasn't fine.

My husband and I tried the gym but when he had surgery we used it as an excuse not to go....then finally one day as I was watching TV a commercial with Jennifer Hudson - spokes woman for Weight Watchers was on....WOW did she ever loose a lot of weight.  I watched this commercial for couple of weeks and started thinking I should join WW, but then I reminded myself that it didn't work the last 3 times you tried WW...didn't stick around for the meetings was having difficulty tracking my points everyday...then I decided I would try WW Online and the deal was sign up and get three months free...so on Feb 26th I took that step and signed up for WW Online....and......I BELIEVE I can do this.....I BELIEVE I can make a change in my lifestyle.  
 I BELIEVE
 My husband has joined me in eating for a new lifestyle.  I think I was finally ready to start living my life again and not in existing in my little denial world that everything is fine.  I am drinking my 6 - 8 8oz glasses of water everyday.  Eating my fruit and vegetables.  Watching my portions.  Calculating my points for everything and being away of what I am eating.  What I am finding interesting is the WW Points that different foods have...for example we didn't have any left overs from supper last night so I grabbed a Beef Meat Pie from M&M Meats that we had in the freezer, ya I didn't eat that for lunch today......worked out to 17 Points on WW that is over half of my points for the day, YIKES.  So instead I had my hummus, pretzels, kiwis and water.  You could say "I See Food Differently", way more differently than I used.  I am aware how much I am eating and what I am eating and the best part of it all is that I don't feel like I am depriving myself of anything and I LOST 10.5 lbs since I started on Feb 26th. 

I Believe I can change my lifestyle.
          I Believe I can loose weight and keep it off.
                   I Believe I am worth it.
                             I Believe I can do it.

 I Believe, words to live by!



Corinne~

No comments: