Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Thursday 6 September 2007

Enough is Enough Already

Enough is Enough already......okay I do believe that we have had more than our share of rain this last while...the month of August was nothing like summer usually is and September doesn't seem to be getting off to a great start. It is like we are teased with a day here and there of sun shine and warm weather.

Last night like a fool I worked a midnight Bingo....didn't get home until 2 am...alarm goes off at 6:30 am so the 4 hours of sleep that I was going to be getting was precious....well be darned if I just don't settle in nicely for some much needed rest when the pitter patter or should I say splitter splatter of rain wakes me from my much needed slumber. Normally I like the sound of the rain but not when I am only getting half the sleep I need. It took a minute for me to realize that it was the sound of the rain that awoke me at 3 am, wasn't sure what it was at first someone drilling holes in the walls of my house or what.

When I looked outside this am I was greeted by rain and lots of water lying on the road. It took me just over 15 minutes to drive the 4.5 miles to the highway that normally only takes a few minutes. Not wanting to end up in the ditch I am driving slowly and carefully when all of a sudden the school bus is behind me and right on my rear end especially where the road is quite soft and in places where the road is decent the driver pulls back to a comfortable distance. Nearly called in to the school unit this morning but decided to leave well enough alone for now...still might call.

Well I hope that couple of nice days we had over the long weekend wasn't fall......I am hearing rumors of the Great White Combine may be coming next week.....I hope that we don't get the dreaded snow next week, even if it doesn't stay I don't want to see any of the fluffy white stuff until just before Christmas.....I am still waiting for what my grandparents used to call Indian Summer to arrive.....

No comments: