Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Monday 5 October 2009

Frsutration

Okay, I have finally hit my breaking point with SGI. I am waiting on the claim for my car that was totaled at the end of June to be settled. I have the slowest adjuster around. I don't think he is the brightest either. He won't return phone calls if you are lucky enough to leave a message on his voice mail. So today I found the main number for the claims office here in town, called and got a very helpful lady that put me through to my adjuster's supervisor who is to call me back within the hour. Because my car was a lease with Toyota Canada, they negotiate the payout value with the adjuster. Before calling to talk to a supervisor I checked with Christine at Toyota Canada to see if she had heard anything and she is as frustrated as I am on this. I am hoping that this call will be enough to have this settled within a couple of days so that I can start the process to purchase another vehicle.

We are looking at purchasing a 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD. Al and I have spent the last month test driving vehicles and have decided this is the one we like the best. So far we have test drove it twice and really like the feel of the vehicle and the ride. For a crossover type vehicle it gets good gas mileage. Everyone that I know that has a Santa Fe are really happy with the vehicle over all, the gas mileage and how it handles on the gravel roads. All plus reasons for us to want the same thing.

I know some of you are thinking why are you buying new, we have decided for the amount of miles we put on a vehicle new is the best way to go for us. It is nothing for us to put on 70 - 100 km per day sometime more on the weekends.

1 comment:

justme said...

I hope you get things straightened out.