Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Monday 27 December 2010

Chrismtas Celebrations

Christmas Eve we enjoyed the company of good friends at the home of Danny and Sandra to celebrate the season with them.  19 of us filled the house with fun and cheer and good food.  The highlight of the evening was watching the little one open his presents.  Well both my girls and Katlyn were in there with little Liam as he opened all his presents.....cars and more cars....they all played together.  It was really cute to watch 3 grown girls play cars with this little guy. We left Danny & Sandra's with full tummies and Christmas Cheer!

Christmas Day arrive a little earlier than I would have liked....my son and darling hubby celebrated the season keeping a couple of us up until the wee hours of the morning.  We all did get a bit of sleep....thank goodness. 

The morning found us having coffee, the kids checking out their stockings (yes my kids still get a stocking....filled with the everyday items they need and a few other things too).  Then it was on to the gift exchange. This was the first year that nobody knew what anyone was getting from anyone.  Fingers were crossed that there would be no duplicates....and we hit the jackpot in that way.

Once we were done with the gift opening it was time to start getting the turkey into the oven.  Cooking for 12 people called for a large turkey - it weighed it at 19lbs.  The aroma of turkey and stuffing soon filled the house.  Guest arrived at 3pm bringing food and gifts for the Chinese Gift Exchange.

Drinks were had, munchies to help tie you over were set out and the festivities began. 

Through all the hustle and bustle of a full house and the season, my heart still ached for the presence of my dad.  This is the 3rd Christmas without him but the first one for me accepting that he is really gone.  Accepting this has been particularly difficult but with the love of my husband, the support of my children and the support from my Aunt Glenda ((my dad`s baby sister)you have been a great sounding board...)) and the help of a wonderful counselor I have made great strides in accepting that my dad is no longer with me in body, but is here in spirit.  I never realized what I was not only doing to myself but to my family by packing away how I felt since 2008.  I can feel my life starting to get back to the norm.  I still have a few paths I need to venture down but at least now I can think about those paths and set a course to get to end. 



Corinne~

No comments: