Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Sunday 7 October 2007

Thanksgiving

As the smell of honey glazed ham, cabbage rolls, pumpkin pin and turkey fill my house we await with baited breath for supper. This is one of the few occasions where my family has the opportunity to gather together for a meal. Someone always seems to be off to here or there. My dad will join us for supper as always, I wouldn't have it any other way. I am truly thankful that we have this opportunity to gather together not just for the meal but for the love & friendship that family brings to each other.

Today it seams more than other days we reflect on what we are truly thankful for, our health, family, love, car to drive to school, a new job and many more things. If I was asked to list what I was thankful for I would need a while to list the things but the top things that I can list that I am not just thankful for but grateful for are that the Lord Jesus Christ is my Savior, the love of my family & friends for I am blessed with a wonderful family and many friends, my health for with out it I wouldn't be able to enjoy the many things I do, for my job for with out it me and my family wouldn't have the luxuries that we do, for my dogs, Timon and Rocco they have helped me to better understand "Unconditional Love". These are just a few of things that I am thankful for.

For me today is also a time to remember my loved ones that have passed on, to be thankful that they were a part of my life and for the many things that they contributed to my life, helping me become who I am today. As I cook my turkey I think of my grandma Gardner....I cook my turkey they way she taught me, my stuffing recipe is the one that she used so many times with a couple of additions. My pastry recipe is the same that my grandma used to make her pies. A lot of my secrets to cooking Thanksgiving Dinner or Christmas Dinner come from my grandmother....the many things she taught me over the years.

From my home to yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Cheers~

1 comment:

Sharon Kent said...

And the same to you.....even a day or so late.