Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Tuesday 12 July 2011

Re-Claiming My Life

No matter what we do or how hard we try life does not slow down...it keeps moving forwards taking us with it regardless if we want to go or not. As the minutes turn into hours and the hours into days and the days to months before we know another year has slipped by us. The last 3 years have done just that for me, slipped by me...here I am three years later and not a lot of what I wanted to do or change has happened with the exception of our new kitchen and dining room.

I have decided it is time for me to re-claim my life and start doing the things I really want to do or dream about doing...things in my personal life like changing my lifestyle to a healthier one, so I am able to do some of the things I can only dream about. I had a good start to this before my dad passed away 3 years ago, but it took me 2 1/2 years to realize that I was sitting spinning my tires. So I am taking steps to claim my life and setting a path to start living life the way I had always thought I would. It is going to take a lot of will power and determination. Instead of jumping in with both feet and meeting failure head on, I am going to start by breaking one bad habit at a time. This way it won't be so over whelming and I think my chances of success will be greater. First bad habit I am setting out to break is to drink my 8 glasses of water every day and reduce my intake of pop. Not switching over to that diet crap either....it isn't that much better for you than the regular pop. My first step this week is not to have any more pop until maybe Saturday evening when we are having a couple of drinks. I haven't had a glass of pop since yesterday and have reached for the water today instead. I had read that it is a good idea to have a glass of water as soon as you wake up before you do anything...so I am putting a glass of water on my bedside table and before my feet hit the floor in the morning I am having my glass of water.

I know there are going to be days where I fall back to the old routines that got me to where I am today but I won't let that deter me....I need to do this for me, not for my husband or my children or anyone else for that matter, but for ME! My husband and children are supporting me on my decision to change my life style. This time I am planning to succeed, not see where it takes me. I know I have a long road ahead of me but I want to see my children succeed at their lives and one day hopefully there will be grandchildren to spend time with and I want to be around for those things.

So today I am taking the first step towards reclaiming my life.

Corinne~

No comments: