Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Step By Step

I feel very proud of myself this morning.....for the second morning in a row now I have reached for that glass of water before having anything else, actually even before my feet hit the floor.  For me drinking water is a great feat at any time of day, I avoided it like the plaque.  We all know it is recommended that we drink 8 glasses of water everyday, not me.  I would have coffee, juice, tea or pop that is how I was getting my liquids and if I did have any water a couple of gulps and that was about it. Not a very healthy approach that is for sure.  I have been reading the Vice Busting Diet - A 12 Week Plan To Break Your Worst Food Habits While Changing Your Life Forever, by Julia Havey.  It was like this woman and lived life before she made the changes in hers that she need to take.  

The realization that I have come to is this, I didn't put on this weight over night and it isn't going to come off over night.  So with that said I can't get discouraged when the pounds are not dropping or the inches shrinking as fast as I would like them to.  I have to keep at it one day at a time, one step at a time, one change at a time. 

Yesterday I noticed a difference in myself.  I felt like I had more energy and not once did I have a craving for pop, my #1 Diet Vice.  Was it in my mind or did the amount of water I drank yesterday have something to do with it, starting with that first glass when I woke up.  I have decided to start a journal, so that I can actually recognize my bad food habits and get real with them as some would say.  Like they say admittance is the first step to recovery.  To admit that I have a bad habit (with food & exercise) I need to recognize it and admit to it before I can change it. 

I guess you could say I am in my 2nd day of the start to a new life style, one step at a time.  Today my goal is to get my 8 glasses of water or at least closer than the 3 glasses I had yesterday.



Corinne~

No comments: