- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup ice water (approx.)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 unit onion, diced
- 2 small Yukon Gold potatoes (about 320 g), peeled and diced
- 2 unit carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups plain soy beverage
- 4 unit meatless chicken breast portions (about 450 g), chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Place flour, baking powder and salt in food processor; process until combined. Add oil; pulse on and off until combined. Pulsing on and off, gradually add ice water through feed tube until soft dough forms. Form into a ball. Flatten into disc. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- In saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion until softened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Stir in potatoes, carrots, garlic, sage, thyme, salt and pepper; cook for 2 minutes longer. Stir in flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually stir in soy beverage and ½ cup (125 mL) water, stirring constantly. Add meatless chicken breasts and peas; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer; cook for 2 minutes. Transfer mixture to 11 x 7-inch (2 L) glass baking dish. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, on lightly floured surface, roll out pie dough to scant 13 x 8 inch (33 x 20 cm) rectangle. Place over filling, pinching to form decorative border around edge. Cut out 1 inch (2.5 cm) circular vent in centre. Bake in centre of oven until golden brown on top, about 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.