Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Tuesday 7 July 2009

HouseBoat Trip

Over the weekend my husband and I took a trip on a house boat on Tobin Lake by Nipawin with friends of ours Danny and Sandra and their family. The houseboat was rented from Twin Marine located in the Nipawin Regional Park. Thursday night we were able to board the house boat, get settled in and spend the night at the dock. Friday morning after a short orientation we set sail with Steve at the wheel.
The moon beam's reflection off the water on Thursday night was absolutely beautiful.

Above: Al enjoying the sites as we leave the dock for the weekend.
Below: Danny and Sandra seem to be enjoying the sites as well as we leave dock.


We stopped here and there to try our hand at fishing but without towing a fishing boat behind us it wasn't the easiest task as you are really limited on the space on both the front and back docks. Also it is really hard to get the houseboat over the shelves where the fish like to hang out. We did however catch a few small fish. Jeremy did catch the first fish which was released back into the lake so it could grow and a little while later he did catch a fish that would have been a keeper. I was waiting on the back deck by the motor with the net in hand to scoop it up, when it took one look at the boat did a flip and snapped the line. My guess it was about an 8 or 9 lb Walleye.

THE FIRST CATCH

The next afternoon Scott and I were fishing off the front deck when something caught my hook and took off with it. I have never had anything that big on my line in all my years of fishing. Scott was quick to grab the net to be ready to bring it in. At first I thought I might be snapped on a long or some weeds but weeds and logs don't pull more of your line out and zip and zag around in the water. I fought with it for 10 - 15 minutes, we were even chasing with the boat. I had 20lb test line on my rod an it ended up snapping it. My arms were sore from fighting to land this fish in the boat. It was a rush just fighting with him I can only imagine what it would be like if I landed him into the boat.
Some Pictures from our weekend




The smallest waterfall in Saskatchewan.

THE LAST CATCH
On our way back to Twin Marine, Al decided to do a bit of tolling. Well he definitely won the prize for the smallest catch. For anyone that is wondering Al caught a tiny clam on his last cast.

No comments: