Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Monday 13 July 2009

Sturgeon Lake

With not going to Nemeiben Lake for the weekend we decided to head up to Sturgeon Lake for a couple of hours of fishing. They skies had cleared off mid afternoon on Saturday so we had a quick bite to eat and headed off to the lake. Michael, Allan, me and Rocco spent a couple of hours trolling our favorite fishing spot. Well the luck was with Michael that night as he caught two fish that worth while to keep.



Mike's first fish in a couple of years. Yes he was a happy fisherman.


When the fish seemed to stop biting I decided to pick up my camera and try out my new polarizing lens. I am so glad that I invested in that lens as I got some really nice pictures of the sunset.
This picture of my son was taken with the polarizing lens. I love how the sun is reflecting behind him on the water.



I was able to catch the setting sun in these shots. It was absolutely beautiful to watch.




I wish I could have gotten closer to these Pelicans roosting for the night. There was just too many weeds for the boat motor to get through to get any closer.

No comments: