Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Monday 2 November 2009

Kittens!

3 weeks ago while my husband was working on the deck the 4 little kittens were under foot. So I brought them in the house for the few hours that they were working. Later than night when we got back home, 3 of the kittens were at the door. My husband went looking for the 4th one and found him beside the house dead...poor little thing. At this point we weren't sure why he died, never thought it might be from starvation as I had seen the mother around them. The next morning we found one more of the the kittens dead in the cat house. Still not sure what was going on. It wasn't until the wee hours of Tuesday morning that my daughter found the 2 kittens by the door wanting in the house, when I let the dogs out at 6am the kittens were there. At 8:30 am the kittens were there and meowing like crazy so I brought them in and found they were starving. After feeding them I put them back back out to be with their mother and again she wouldn't have anything to do with them at all, so I brought them back in the house and started to care for them. It was at this point that my husband and I were talking and figure that mother had abandoned them prior to the day when they were under foot while working on the deck.

My husband didn't think they would survive but that they did...they became very attached to us quickly. Now the task at hand was to find them a home. Friday night the two little kittens went to their new home. I am so glad that they are going to stay together and I know that they have gone to good home where they will be care for. These 2 little kittens sure relied on each other, they always curled up together to sleep and so playful.

No comments: