Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Wednesday 18 August 2010

Old Friends

A couple of years ago an dear friend of mine Nancy from Jr High School made contact with me via Facebook.  Since then we have been chatting back and forth via private messages.  Well Nancy was out visiting her family this week and on Tuesday we met up for lunch.  Nancy hasn't changed a bit from school and she tells me I haven't changed either.  The last time Nancy and I seen each other was the day Al and I married.  Nancy did a reading at our wedding, well 22 years later we met for lunch.  It was wonderful to spend time with a very dear friend.  It felt like we hadn't been apart all these years.  At one time Nancy and I were inseparable but we both went to different high schools and did our best to keep in contact but sooner or later the new friends you make in high school become the ones you spend your time with more and more.  I remember Valentines in Grad 10 I opened my locker to find this huge and I mean huge Valentines Card....well it was from Nancy....she came down to the school and slipped the card into my locker without ripping it.....since then there has only been one Valentines that has been as memorable that is when my husband mailed a card from Love Saskatchewan.  Love uses a special Valentines cancellation for letters mailed from their post office on Valentines.  My only wish is that I would have had more time than my lunch hour to spend with Nancy but we did get lots of catching up in during that time.

No comments: