Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Monday 10 January 2011

Winter Sunset in Saskatchewan

Thursday night as I was driving down our grid road home I noticed the snow in the trees and the beautiful sunset that was taking place.  My dear grandmother came to mind,  I miss her every day!  She always said "Red Sky at night, Sailor's Delight" and "Red Sky at morning, Sailor's Warning".  Well it was a beautiful red sky, and the next day we had milder temperatures.  So as soon as I got to the house I ran in and grabbed my camera to snap off a couple of shots.


This photo was taken from my front step looking down our driveway with a glimpse of the beautiful sunset on the edge.

I love how you can see a hint of the sky in the snow!  This is looking to the south west corner of our property.

I couldn't resist getting some shots of the snow formations on the spruce trees in our back yard.

 and of course I couldn't leave Lucy out of the photos.....after all she stopped to have her photo taken


Corinne~

1 comment:

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Ooooh, so beautiful with all that snow. My kids would LOVE it there. It's pretty cold here in Texas but no snow. 29 degrees is freezing to me, since i'm like the chihuahua of humans. lol Just dropping by to browse your blog.

Blessings to you,
Leslie