Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Thursday 23 April 2009

Signs of Spring

This morning as I was walking out to my car I seemed to really notice signs of springs. There was a flock of birds singing away in the cattle pasture across the road. Not sure what kind of birds but they sounded wonderful.

The Pussy Willows have been in bloom for a couple of weeks now. Yesterday on my drive home I stopped to take some pictures of the Pussy Willows, unfortunately I didn't get chance to pull them off my camera. I also missed the opportunity to get a photo of a pair of nesting Mallard ducks last night...there was a lot of traffic behind me on the highway so I decided to keep that picture in my memory and hope that I can find the chance to get a photo of them another day, maybe this weekend.

This morning I really noticed that a lot of the trees are in bud as well, especially all the Poplar Trees.

Even my flower garden is showing signs of life. My Iris's are about 4 inches maybe 6 inches up. The Delphiniums are up about 2 inches and the peonies are starting to poke out of the ground.

Yes Spring is here, even my dog ran into a sign of spring the other day.....that's right he smelt of the ever not so pleasant odor of a skunk, not strong enough that he was sprayed directly but walked through the spray area shortly after.

No comments: