Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Thursday 30 April 2009

Signs of Spring

There are many signs of spring....here a few pictures that I took on my walk Monday afternoon.

For me growing up on a farm a definite sign of spring besides the song birds singing, longer day light hours, snow melting is new born calves.


I remember when I was a little girl, my grandmother and I would go out and pick Pussy Willows. When we would get home grandma would trim the ends and put our bouquet in a vase on the table. We always picked a few extra branches that I could color with my markers. So mixed in with the grey pussy willows were pink ones, blue ones, yellow ones and many other colors. When ever I see pussy willows they remind me of times spent with my grandmother in the spring.

All the Junco's in our yard singing away and gathering food and next material are another welcome sign of spring. I waited patiently to get the best picture I could of them.


Spring a time of a new beginning, a fresh start.




No comments: