Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Monday 10 October 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving 
to all my Canadian family, friends and followers 

 
We have long-standing traditions to celebrate the bountiful harvest of the year.  
It is a time to reflect on the many things we have to be thankful for in our lives.
 
Our family celebrated Thanksgiving Supper on Sunday evening.  We had a feast with lots of left overs...yeah I don't have to cook for a couple of days!  We did miss our son Michael, he was unable to join us because of work.  But a place was made for him and sent in with his sister.  This year we had our daughter's boyfriend Trent join us, he is very much a part of our family.  We had invited his dad and sister to join us as well, as they were going to be alone for Thanksgiving, well plans changed and they ended up staying home with some of their family.  Guess we'll have to meet Trent's family another time.  We met his brother at Easter.

My husband did tell me that my stuffing I made this year was probably the best I have ever made and he said he had always really like my stuffing....so I guess you could say I perfected my recipe even more this time round.

The cabbage rolls that Brittany and I made on Saturday evening were delicious too.  We rolled enough that I have for Christmas already...which means we only have to have a perogie bee one of these weekends before Christmas.  Brittany is a natural when it comes to rolling cabbage rolls, I am sure it is the Ukrainian in her. hehehe  She doesn't mind helping out because she knows that means she gets some to take home.   It goes the same with perogies and spring rolls...the girls don't mind helping if they get some of the end result to take home.  That is the deal I made with them, if you expect to take some home, you have to help with production.

Oh! and the Golden Caramel Cheesecake Bars were a HIT!  Already requested for Christmas or any time I feel like making cheesecake. 




Corinne~

No comments: