This weekend TGIF means something more than just the weekend is here....it means that tomorrow I get to attend a photography workshop that I have been anxiously awaiting since August. Greg Johnson, Saskatchewan's own Tornado Hunter/Storm Chaser/Photographer is coming to town to put on a photography workshop. I have owned my Digital SLR for 3 years now and still struggle with all the settings. I force myself to shoot in Manual Mode or AV Mode so that I can try and learn what I am actually doing and why but most of my pictures have been by sheer luck more than anything. I don't fully understand the settings and why I am using them. What I do know is from reading books, magazines or on line articles. So having someone provide the opportunity to learn hands on....is exactly what I need.
Check out Greg's website Tornado Hunter by clicking HERE His photos are amazing and so inspiring.
I love photography, especially landscape photography. I am always looking for photo opportunities when I am out and about.
There are a few things are on my list to photograph. Some that I can do right from home others I will need to travel for.
My Photography Bucket List
- Northern Lights
- Polar Bears
- Nistowiak Falls in Winter (have shot these once already, but want to return to shoot them again after my photography workshop with Greg)
- Nistowiak Falls in Summer
- Water falls at Wells Grey Provincial Park in BC
- Winter scenes
- Many of the beautiful places right here in Saskatchewan
- Canada Goose with new babies
- Grizzly Bears in BC
- Bald Eagle in trees or even in a nest....
- Beautiful sunsets
- Beautiful sunrises
- Canadian Animals in the Wild - this is on going
- Animals in the wild in Africa ie: Zebra, Giraffe, Elephants, Hippos etc. (Basically an African Safari)
- and a tropical location