Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Thursday 6 October 2011

On The Road

Every now and then I get the opportunity to travel with my work. I always enjoy these trips out of the office, makes for a nice change. So today finds me in the booming metropolis of Hudson Bay......okay booming probably not, metropolis - definitely not. Hudson Bay is a small town in Saskatchewan that in all my years I have never visited so I am glad for the opportunity.

This is different for me as it is usually my husband who is on the road, this time he is staying home.  Like we switched places

Last week I was up in the Big River area for our Joint Industry/Government Workshop/Field Tour. That was very interesting to see the blow down areas from the August 1st wind storm that went through the area. My husband and I were up in the area when the storm hit. We were very lucky that where we were staying was on the very tail end of it no damage except for 1 tree down in the entire resort. A resort about 15 miles north was not so lucky.

At the end of the month I am back on the road again, heading up to Meadow Lake for 3 days.

I certainly can't complain as I have had some wonderful opportunities with work for travel some definitely more memorable than others, like my 3 day trip to Stony Rapids - probably the highlight of my career to date.





Corinne~

No comments: