8 oz. thin spaghetti
1 tablespoon quality extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons fresh dill or parsley, chopped
1 cup carrots julienned
1 cup zucchini, julienned
1 cup asparagus tips
1 cup red bell pepper, julienned
24 oz salmon fillet, cut into four 6-ounce pieces
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
4 large sheets of parchment paper
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cook thin spaghetti in rapidly boiling water until al dente, drain, toss with a bit of olive oil, salt and chopped fresh dill or parsley.
3. Rinse salmon fillets and pat dry. Spread Dijon mustard evenly over the top of each one.
4. Prepare the parchment: fold each piece of parchment in half. With scissors, cut the shape of half a heart from the folded side. (Remember Valentine's you made in grade school?) Open the heart shape and place 1/4 of the pasta on the center of the paper, top with a salmon fillet, and add the vegetables. Bring the sides of the heart over the fish and fold the edges together starting at the top of the heart, overlapping the folded edge as you go. Fold the tip several times to secure it.
5. Place the pouches in the middle of the hot oven and bake for 10 minutes. Serve immediately in the sealed pouches, opening them just before eating.
14.9 g total fat (2.8 g sat)
76 mg cholesterol
52 g carbohydrate
46 g protein
5 g fiber
696 mg sodium