Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Sunday 26 September 2010

Early Morning Hours

Last night Al and I hadn't been home for more than 15 minutes when the phone rang....it was about 1:30am.  When ever my phone rings in the early hours of the morning my heart skips a beat and falls straight to the pit of my stomach.  I think I worry too much about my kids sometimes.  hehe

Anyways is it was our daughter Meagan....this is the second week in a row that she has called home in the early hours of the morning.  Turns out that her tires on her car were slashed last night along with all the vehicles on her street.  Both tires on the drives side of her car were slashed.  She came home to find a note on her car from the City Police as did every other car owner on the street find the same card and note.  The police were letting everyone know that this incident had been reported to the police along with a case file number. So I guess next week we'll be off to Saskatoon to get new tires put on her car.  She is filing a claim with SGI on line today crossing our fingers that vandalism is covered. 

Good thing Meagan takes the bus all week and doesn't need her car and very rarely drives it on the weekends.  Unfortunately her room mate is not so lucky and needs his car every day to get to and from work and to his night classes.

Even though my heart hits the pit of my stomach when I get calls in the wee hours of the morning I am glad that my children remember that they can call home any time of the day and we'll do what we can to help them....even if it means getting up at 2:30 in the morning and picking them up because they have had a few drinks and don't want to get behind the wheel or take a cab to a stay with a friend...they just want to come home Or getting up at 5am and picking them from their friends place because the are not feeling well and just want to come home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! So sorry to hear about your daughters car! That is terrible. Some people are just aweful sometimes. I'll never understand it. Good thing she has you. I worry when the phone rings late too. :) I am so glad you found my blog! It is so nice to meet you!
Andrea