Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Sunday 26 September 2010

Happiness

.......something we all experience some more than others so I've heard.  Every now and then something I see or something that happens makes me reflect on the things that make me happy.  Today one of the things that made me happy was to watch the Saskatchewan Roughriders win Saturday's football game against the Hamilton Tiger Cats.

Some of the things that make me happy!
  • My family - my loving husband and my three wonderful kids
  • Memories of my dad - sometimes it makes me sad as I wish he was still here so I could sit with him over a cup of tea and discuss life in general.
  • Memories of my grandparents - they were the best grandparents I could have asked for, especially my Grandma Gardner - a wonderful lady that I think of every day.
  • My extended family - aunts, uncles and cousins - they have impacted my life in many ways
  • My friends - old and new friends they help make us who we are today
  • My fur babies - Rocco and Lucy - my most faithful companions who great me after work everyday with so much joy and love and genuine  happiness to just see me walk through the door
  • My job - yes my job makes me happy.....I go to work Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 4:30am.....I really miss my Human Resources job but I am grateful to have the job I have today and some wonderful co-workers.  Some that are dear friends too...and time spent with them is important to me.
  • Having the freedom to make choices 
  • Having hobbies - photography, scrapbooking/stamping/card making, stained glass, along with others
  • Filling in blanks in the family tree and being able to research the family lines back a few hundred years
  • Above all the most important thing that makes me happy is the guidance I get from our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ.
There are many other things that make me happy from the little things in life to the big things.  There are far too many things to list here.  It never hurts to reflect on things that make us happy and fullfill our lives with love, joy and peace.

No comments: