Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Thursday 10 April 2008

First Impressions

We've all made decisions based on first impressions and we've all had them made about us. Some people give a great first impression and others not so great or down right terrible.

Yesterday on my trip to Regina with co-workers for a meeting I was reading a book that I had for a number of years call "Chocolate for a Woman's Heart" which is very much like the Chicken Soup for the Soul books with stories from different contributors. So many of the ones that I read touched me in different ways but one struck a cord with me....it was all about first impressions and how they can affect things in our lives.

I have to admit that I have come to one conclusion about someone and it wasn't a very positive one basing it on my first impression of the person. As fate would have it I was in a situation where I was around this person on a daily basis and before I knew we were the best of friends, so much that I was her maid of honor at her wedding. Had I let my first impression dictate to me how I would treat this person I would never have found the friend that I did.

Anyways as I read this story of how a young man judge this girl at their first meeting and said some very hurtful things to here causing her to drop out of University and return the same hometown he was from ended with them meeting up for a semi-blind date, he ended up marrying her. His mother told him just think if you hadn't budged from your first impression of her you would never have found your soul mate, the love of your life.

These words below spoke by this young mans mother have a message that we can all learn from.

"What you focus on determines what you miss."
Be careful, don't miss out on the best things in life by letting what you focus on determine what you might miss.

No comments: