Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Thursday 17 April 2008

Life Style Change Up-date

Well today 16 days into my Life Style change I took my measurements for the first time since the start. I am so proud of myself I have lost 5 1/2 inches off my body....no wonder my jeans are getting really baggy. As I was measuring I was happy to see 1/2 inch here and 1 inch there and wow 3 inches off my hips....YIPPEE.

I took my two dogs Timon & Rocco along with 4 cats in tow for a 1 mile walk tonight. This is the first time that I have been able to walk down the driveway and back again with out my back hurting me to the point I wasn't sure if I would be able to take another step. It felt so good to be able to make that walk and not feel that pain. The little bit of progress that I have made to date has made a big difference.

I use my weight from each Monday morning to determine how much I have lost. I weigh myself each morning, I remind myself that it is just a number I see there each morning I don't obsess over it either way. Now you may be thinking sounds like your obsessing about the pounds because I am weighing myself every day, I am using this method more as a tool to see what foods help me add the weight and which activities help me burn more calories.

I am not following one specific diet, because to me that is setting myself up for failure before I even start. How many of you had gone on a diet, reached your goal weight only to end up putting it back on and more in some cases. I know people that have tried the South Beach Diet, Dr Atkins, Grapefruit Diet and the list can go on and on. I am using the Canada Food Guide as my guide to changing my eating habits, this way I can still enjoy the same food I always have. I just do things differently like setting my fork down between each bite, savoring the flavor and enjoying my meal one bite at a time.

I journal everything I eat and drink in a day, all my physical activities and my weight. I really find this useful to see how I am doing. I remember after the birth of my eldest Michael, I visited a dietitian to help me devise a plan to loose weight. One thing she had me do was write down in a notebook everything I ate and drank during the day. I was successful at loosing my weight then and now I am already seeing success again in my efforts to loose weight.

I feel good and love the transformation I am making.

No comments: