Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Saturday 12 April 2008

Springtime

It seems that Spring is upon us more and more each day. My son Michael and I have noticed at the end of each work day how much snow either melted or evaporated during the day. We can tell by snow bank down our drive way especially which is smaller each day. The rain we had the other afternoon sure helped as is the nice temperatures we are having.

Each day I notice more Geese in the area, before we know it there will be little goslings following their mothers around. I find myself still thinking of planting a vegetable garden this year. For people that know me well are probably saying to themselves - WHAT - You're going to plant a garden, I'll believe it when I see it...hey I am saying the same things to myself.

Usually my idea of gardening is going to the farmers market or getting extras from those that have too much and want to give it away....not because I am cheap but because I have always hated the idea of having to weed the garden.....hate it I tell you. Love eating the fresh produce but weeding was not for me. This time I am thinking differently that is for sure. Yes even thinking that weeding might not be that bad, definitely not the most enjoyable job but will help me get more exercise and the rewards of the fresh produce will be worth it in the end.

I hope to be able to make some different relishes this year. I haven't done any serious canning since I lived in Flin Flon, MB. I guess I am thinking more this way because I am trying to change my lifestyle and that of my family so that we live a healthier lifestyle.

No comments: