Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Friday 11 April 2008

Reconnecting

Well after nearly 17 years my old friend Robin and I have been in contact with each other. If you remember back to my posting back in August about going up to Lloydminster and hoping to catch up to my friend Robin.

Well I guess old age is starting to get to me as when Robin and I spoke the other night he said to me why were you looking for me in Lloydminster, you knew I had moved to Leduc..then the light bulb came on and my memory went Oh Ya....that's right....so that is why I was unable to find phone listing in Lloyd for Robin.

As it happens Robin GOOGLED his name and found my blog...what caught his interest to read more was that it sounded so much like his life...so he clicked on and realized that yes this person was talking about him. He showed his kids and they even said, "dad that sounds like you", he told them it is me. He sent me an email to my blog email address...well being so sick this winter and pre-occupied with my dad I rarely checked the email until the other day....at first I thought it was spam but something told me to open it and check it out.

Well here it was my old friend Robin, who I had been thinking a lot about lately. Sometimes during the day he would just pop into my thoughts, wondering how he and his wife were doing and how many children did they have. I guess it might be that the last time something really bad happened in my family - the death of my grandfather in 1983 Robin was there for me. I don't know if he ever really knew how much he helped me through that time but he did and when my dad had the mild stroke and we weren't sure of what was happening my friend wasn't there to turn to. Yes I had my family and they were there for me through that time and are always there for me but sometimes you just need that person on the outside looking in to help you. I also have another wonderful friend that helped fill that void. Brenda has been there for me through many things and I know I can count on her any time.

I called Robin the other night and we had a good talk, it is nice to reconnect with old friends. Some we miss more than others. As our lives change and take on different paths sometimes we loose touch with our friends and family but it always great to re-connect.

I hope that my husband and I can catch up with Robin & Susan this summer, meet their kids and catch up over a beer or two.

No comments: