Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Monday 7 April 2008

I'm Back.....Here's an update

Well I am hoping to be back at my blog on a regular basis. I have missed posting on here daily and plan to get back at it.

I can truly say I will be glad to see winter gone and spring arrive. After the winter I have had it can't be over soon enough. My dad has kept me busy since his stroke in December. Christmas and New Years going as fast as they came. Then beginning of February I took sick and did I get sick...was close to praying for death just for some relief. I ended up battling a sever case of Bronchitis. 3 weeks I was off work and back for 2 that I probably should have stayed home but didn't, then another couple of weeks of feeling so so. I am glad to be back in the land of the living. My dad called me one day while I was sick and said you better get better as I need you and I don't know what I would have done with out you this winter. It was then that he actually realized how sick he had been. Now is getting better every day. He looks better than he has in a long time...even before his stroke. We are so thankful that he is recovering so well.

With the coming of spring and the changing of the seasons I figured it is time for change all around. So instead of starting that dreaded diet that always start fine and ends horribly I am venturing on a life style change. Changing my eating habits, exercise habits and such you know all the bad habits I have accumulated over the years. My dad's stroke opened my eyes to what could be in store for my health as I age if I don't change somethings so "Change" is what I am doing. Tomorrow is one week into my Life Style Change and I am feeling good about how I am doing. Hey I got into a pair of jeans that I haven't worn since 2004... Yippee.

My plan is to journal my daily eating habits, exercise habits and see where it takes me and start there. I have a way to go but I think I will make it this time. My mind is in the right place, I am reading labels as I buy groceries. The show Biggest Loser Couples was a big inspiration to me as well. My daughter and I watch it every week, I have learned a lot from the show and now ready to put some of that knowledge to work. I have 83 pounds to loose and I plan to loose it and keep it off. Yes I want to live to enjoy my grandchildren - when they arrive in the future the far future. I want to live a healthy lifestyle from here on and to do so I have to make changes. Many people know that I was the person that would prefer a Pepsi to a glass of water....now I am drinking my 8 glasses of water a day and enjoy them. I have even enlisted a friend to join me on my journey and together we plan to melt away the pounds...it is our own Biggest Loser Club.

I will post updates as I have them along with photos just so you can see my progress. It gives me one more thing to answer to, to account my weight loss or gain to. I haven't done my before photos yet but will post once I have them along with how it is going.

No comments: