Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Monday 29 December 2008

New Years Resolutions

With only 2 days left in 2008 I have been thinking more about my New Years Resolution. I could make so many of them but in the end would only end up keeping a couple of them. The biggest resolution I am making this year is to live a healthier lifestyle. Instead of saying I am going to loose weight, try this diet or that diet and end up not following through. I realized a while ago its not about the diet but about the lifestyle. I was doing good when I started in April up until June when my dad passed away and then my life spiraled downhill for a while and I crawled into my little shell like a turtle only poking my head out on occasion. One of the first steps I took towards my lifestyle change was seeing my doctor in early December and I have an appointment in January to go through my health issues. I am asking him to check out my heart thoroughly as I have abused my body long enough that I want to know where my cardio health is at when I start my lifestyle change. The nice thing is I won't be alone on this lifestyle change, my husband and my eldest daughter also want to join me in the quest to live a healthier life, of couse my youngest daughter will have no choice but to join us.

Some of my other New Years Resolutions is to get my computer room sorted out so that I can move some of the stuff down stairs and get the room ready for renovations in the spring. We are turning the computer room in a dinning room. As I move stuff downstairs I want to set up an area where I can do my scrapbooking/stamping and quilting. These both get so neglected as I when I pull it out it all has to be packed back up again and put up on the shelf. It will be nice to have an area where I can leave out my work in progress so that I can sit down and work on these projects a bit at a time. I was hoping to send out some hand made Christmas Cards this year but unfortunatley I never got past getting a few cards started and that is where it ended. One of my resolutions for 2009 is to finish those cards I started and make a few more to send out at Christmas. I also hope to be able to make a few birthday cards for friends and family.

The way I look at it, if I don't make any resolutions that I know are out of reach I will succeed.

Where did 2008 go to.....it feels like it was only yesterday that we were ringing in 2008 and saying farewell to 2007. Good luck with your resolutions!

No comments: