Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Thursday 22 January 2009

Coloring

Well I did it....I purchased 6 Copic Markers in the skin tones, some Prismacolored Pencils, Mona Lisa Odorless Mineral Spirits & some stickles. Also a few other new items for stamping and scrapbooking. Anyways I had stamped a couple of Magnolia images a couple of weeks ago in anticipation of the arrival of my Copics. Once my Copics arrived I colored the face, arms and legs in on each image and waited until I purchased my Odorless Mineral Spirits. Yesterday before leaving Regina I hit Michael's for a few supplies. So last night after I got home I sat down with my stamped image, Prisma Colored Pencils & Odorless Mineral Spirits and set to coloring. I love how the Prisma's look with the Copics used for the skin tones. I didn't get chance to scan the image to show you all, I will have to do that tonight and post it for you.

My plan is to buy a few Copic Markers each month and a few Prisma Colored Pencils each month to build my collection slowly. I have found one supplier in Canada where I can order the copics and a few from the US. Scrapping Turtle is a Canadian Supplier that I have ordered from as well as Creative Play Stamps in the US is another place I have ordered my Copics from. The nice thing about the Copic Markers is they are refillable so they last you a long time. The nibs are replaceable as well. Your initial investment is a bit high but well worth the money as they last a long time and are very easy to refill. I purchase my Prismacolored pencils at a local art supply store here in town. You can purchase Prisma's in sets or individually. I have chosen to purchase them individually in the colors that I need/want at the time. I have found it cheaper for me to purchase my copics from the US even with the exchange of CND funds to American funds they are cheaper.

I never thought I would be excited to show off my coloring techniques until I tried out my prisma's yesterday. Put it this way I can't wait to add a few more colors to my collection.

No comments: