Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Wednesday 21 July 2010

Deadliest Catch

Last night I watched the episode of Deadliest Catch (one of our favorite shows) on Discovery Channel where Captain Phil Harris passed away.  I knew what was going to happen on this episode as I had read about in the Discovery Channel website but still by the end of the show tears were flowing.  So many things with Captain Phil and his sons reminded me of me and my dad taking those memories back to Dec 2007 when he had his TIA and I wasn't sure if he would ever come home at first.  I feel for what these boys went through back in January/February of this year and for what they are going through now.  They are old enough to be my own sons and they lost their father and friend far to early and I would not want to watch my own children feel that kind of pain at a young age.  They lost their dad February 9, 2010 and many of the fans of the show are only now finding out about the loss for the Harris family and for the family of the Cornelia Marie fishing vessel.

It is hard to loose your parent, even though it is inevitable and can't be stopped we are never really ready for that day, no matter how much we tell ourselves we are.  Here it is just over 2 years since I lost my dad and I am still struggling with that loss as not only did I loose my father but also a best friend.  I guess you could say I got a double dose of sadness watching the show as I started thinking about my dad and how much I miss and wish that just one more time I could tell him I love him. 

Rest in peace Captain Phil Harris!

No comments: