Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Monday 26 July 2010

Midlife Crisis - - - Think Not!

Now that my husband has noticed, I can tell you what my daughter Meagan and I did last week together.  Appointment was made at Hole In One for both us to have our noses pierced.  That's right I got my nose pierced or poked as my daughter put.  We both got tiny diamonds (well not real ones) but just as nice.

This was my birthday present to Meagan.  I have wanted to do this since 2003 when I seen a flight attendant on WestJet with a tiny diamond in her nose.  I thought it looked so classy...I instantly wanted one.  Well I kept putting it off until now.  Many think I am going through a mid-life crisis because I pierced my nose and want to get a tattoo.  I have thought about both these ventures for a long time now, main reason is they are there for life and I want to make sure that I am making the right choice as I don't want to regret it later.

Friday night came and went and not a word from my hubby about my new piece of jewelry.  I had decided not to say a word as I wanted to see how long it would take him to notice.  Well by late Saturday night, curiosity got the best of me and I couldn't keep my mouth shut.  So I said to my darling hubby are you really that unobservant - his reply was no I noticed your nose piercing yesterday when I got home.  Asked him why he didn't say anything and said I don't know just didn't....he said it looks nice...not what he would want for himself (a piercing anywhere) but thought it looked good on me. 

Then I told him I plan to get a tattoo on my right calf.  He then told me why he doesn't want a tattoo for himself...it goes back to the time of the Holocaust.  Al's ancestors are from the area of Galatia in the Ukraine which was under many different rules in its day because of the boarders changing.  Anyways there is a very strong probability that some of his ancestors were taken to the concentration camps and executed in the gas chambers.  As history tells us each and every person taken to the concentration camps were tattooed with with a number, hence his reason for not wanting a tattoo of any kind.  He supports my decision to get a tattoo, just like he supported our daughter's decision to get a tattoo.

No comments: