Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Saturday 21 July 2007

The Lazy Days of Summer

The Lazy Days of Summer is a saying that I remember my grandparents saying when I was little.....I think I finally understand what they meant when they would say that.......it was always on really hot days, days when it was too hot to do anything but sit in the shade and wait for it too cool off........

We have been having days like this over the past week.......it is funny we are never satisfied, in the dead of winter when it the mercury hits below -25 C we wish for warmer weather like summer time and in summer we want cooler weather......Living in northern Saskatchewan our hot days are out numbers greatly by the cold days it seams....or is that the hot days go by so fast.....not every day in winter is so cold that nothing wants to start just like in summer not every day is that hot but when it is we sure feel it........ Here it is half way through July already, before we know it we are going to be wondering where summer went and preparing for winter.

I understand why people in the hotter countries had Siesta time every afternoon......it is just to darn hot to do anything else.......

I take holidays in a couple of weeks and I am looking forward to spending time at the lake with my husband. We are planning on spending time with our friends at their cabin at Nemembien Lake.....we are going to help them side their cabin.....Siding in the early morning when it is cool......relaxing in the lake for the afternoon....some more siding and then some fishing..... Sounds like a nice way to spend some time.....and help out our friends.

Yes the "Lazy days of Summer" are here, but only for a short while....Hope you enjoy them while we have them.

No comments: