Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Monday 9 July 2007

Quality Time......With Those We Care About


Spending times with our friends and extended family sometimes seem difficult. We are too busy, not enough time in a day to do the things we'd like to. We all have excuses or reasons however you want to look at it. It comes down to we just have to make the time to spend the time with our friends & extended family. Make the time to spend with those you care about.....you'll be glad you did.

Yesterday my girls and I spent the afternoon with my cousin and her son at their place. We spent most of our time in the pool having a blast.......when you first get into the pool it was cool but once you got into the water was nice. Before I knew it water guns were being filled and water was squirting everywhere! The water was flying around like crazy......we were emptying those water guns faster than we could fill them......then Brenda and Meagan started with empty coffee cans. At the rate the two of them were throwing water back and forth it wouldn't have taken them long to lower the water level on the pool. I am sure the neighbors a mile away could hear our laughter.

Wesley had a blast squirting all of us........his aim is really good.....shot me in the forehead at close range. Brittany was our photographer as she wanted to catch some sun rays instead of water droplets. Although Wesley and Brenda couldn't leave Brittany out in the water fight, they made certain that she was squirted a few times just for the fun of it.

Shortly after getting out the pool Meagan and Brittany headed into town, as Meagan had to work and Brittany was going to the movies with a friend. Brenda and I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening together.

After supper Wesley and I bottle fed "Kicker Dicker" - a calf that has no mother. I haven't bottle fed a calf in probably 30 years..... "Alphi" was the last calf I had bottle fed......that little guy had a crooked nose and missing teeth, he was bottle fed from birth. He was a family pet in many ways.....we bottle fed him twice a day, when he seen me heading towards him with bottle in hand he would come running......my grandma named him "Alphi" after all his first bottle was made with Alpha canned milk and water....that was all we had on hand until the next day when my uncle was able to purchase some supplement from the feed store. One day "Alphi" was loaded up into the truck and taken to town.....we (my cousins and I) all thought that "Alphi" was going to get his nose straightened. We were fine with that.......like Brenda and I were saying we never asked why "Alphi" didn't come home after he had his nose straightened.......we know now that "Alphi" did come home just not in the same form as when he left......

No comments: