Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Thursday 19 July 2007

Watercolor Painting.........

I have decided to take the step to learn how to paint with watercolors. The last time I remember painting in watercolors was when I was a little girl of about 7 or 8 years old. I have been fascinated with watercolor paintings for sometime. I figure a person is never too old to learn something new and if I don't start now who knows when I will start......

I am reading a book "Easy Watercolor" that I received about 4 years ago that I flipped through the pages of then and put it back on my bookshelf. So I dusted off the covers and started reading. I am also reading on line anything I can to better familiarize myself with the world of watercolor painting. There is so much to learn........ I am hoping that I will be able to take class this fall or winter...

In every painting there is a story waiting to be told........the artist will have one story........and a viewer will have another story of their own that they have found in the painting. The powers held within a painting is amazing.

My first pieces that I am doing on my own are mainly going to be experimenting with techniques and methods for watercolor painting.

When I have a finished piece to show off I will post a picture of on my blog most likely after I take my first class......until then wish me luck with my painting......

No comments: