Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Sunday 22 July 2007

When you least expect someone

Today was the first time in a while that I had the opportunity to sleep in.....okay my kids don't call it sleeping in but for me not getting up until 11am is sleeping in. After doing some house work I settled into to watch "Grumpier Old Men".

Wouldn't you know right after the burial scene when they spread Pop's ashes in the lake, I am crying....I hate it........as these scenes always make me reflect on my loved ones and then I cry even harder....even when I know what is going to happen in the movie the water works still start every time. I hear a vehicle pull up, thinking the only person I am expecting is my dad and that sure doesn't sound like his car....I look out the door and there is my cousin Dwayne from Sylvania and who I thought was his son at first but turned out to a friend of Brooke's, Bo.

Dwayne and Bo stopped by for a visit on their way home from Brooke's stag party......you know where men are men and they do what they can't get away with at home.......throw caution to the wind and forget about what time it is and just have a good time.....bonding and drinking and some fishing too. The group of them rented a house boat at LaRonge for 4 days ......the fishing wasn't that great but they had a good time and helped Brooke say good bye to his bachelor days...not that Brooke is old my any means but none the less a bachelor.

It was really nice to visit with Dwayne this afternoon and as always I enjoy the time we spend together.

No comments: