Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Friday 10 June 2011

Around the Yard

Yesterday evening as my hubby was mowing our lawn, all the container plants were watered I grabbed my camera and headed outside.  Lilacs are one of my favorite flowers, I love the smell of them as you walk by a lilac bush.  So over to my small lilac bush I headed to catch some shots of the flowers and hoping for a butterfly or two or even a bubble bee.  Suddenly my little eye spied a bee drinking the sweet nectar from the lilac blossoms.  So up with the camera, focus and he flies away......so disappointed as he was huge would have made a great shot...oh well...next time.

My great grandmother had the most beautiful deep dark purple lilacs at her place.  Well over the years the weeds and grasses have choked them out.  As a child I remember riding my bike down to the old homestead and picking these regal colored beauties for my grandma, and each year there seemed to be fewer and fewer of them. 

I did get lucky enough to catch a beautiful butterfly in my lens.  After the first shot when I stepped to get a more head on photo off he fluttered gracefully.
So as I was sitting on the trailer patiently waiting for the butterfly to return I was looking off into the pasture at my grandparents old Model T car (I think that is what it was).  I am going to venture into the pasture another day to get some closer shots but here is a peak at what I was looking at last evening.
I have been eying up this old car for sometime now, thinking I have to get over there and snap some photos of this piece of my families history.


Corinne~

No comments: