Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Reflections

Wow where are the days going....they seem to be going by faster and faster.  One could say we live a faster life style as adults than we did as children, at least that is how it seems to me.   June 1st we are half way through the year pretty much....feels like it was only a month or so back that we started into 2011 and here we are half way through.

Last night after work I spent some time sitting on my deck by my pond.  How nice it will be once I have plants and flowers blooming in the pond.  The sound of the water is so soothing.  It was a nice time to sit and reflect on things where I have been in my life and where I am currently and where I want to be.  Much  like the words to Christina Aguilera's song "Reflections"

          Who is the girl I see staring straight back at me?
          When will my reflection show who I am inside?

Yes time has a way of changing us all....sometimes our outter self matches our inner self and sometime they don't match at all.

Today I remember my Aunt Gladys, well she was actually my great aunt.  She was a dear lady that I was lucky enough to get to know during my childhood.  As a child every Saturday my grandparents went to town, we delivered eggs then did the grocery shopping and ended the day with a short visit with my Aunt Gladys.  Aunt Gladys was my grandpa's youngest sister. Today is also Aunt Gladys' birthday, she was born 108 years ago today in the Malta.  It was my Aunt Gladys that sparked my interest in family history.  Occasionally I would spend my Saturday's with my Aunt Gladys...we talked about family history.  She told me many stories over those times....I asked her if she would write down these things as I would never remember them in the future.  It must of been the older me telling the younger me to make sure she writes down this history.  My Aunt Gladys also made the best "shortbread cookies" around.  To this day I have yet to find a shortbread cookie that comes close to hers.  How I wish I had gotten her recipe for her shortbread.

I know that Aunt Gladys is watching over me....so today I wish my Aunt a very happy birthday in paradise.


Corinne~

No comments: