Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Monday 11 June 2007

Forgiveness

During our life time we ask our family and friends to forgive us our wrongs.....and we ask God to forgive us our sins....some do this formally in confession others do this in their own ways through prayer, meditation or what ever way they are comfortable.......but we all ask for "Forgiveness"

Forgiveness frees my soul and it feels wonderful. In forgiveness I am giving my burden to God for him to handle it....in doing so my stress levels are down and anger isn't building up inside of me......eating at my soul.

There are still some things that I am trying to forgive but have a hard time doing so....I am taking small steps with these ones.....I know that if I could just say to my self I forgive that person and pass that burden onto God, I would not feel that anger and hatred that I do. I guess it is because I have let this burn deep inside of me for over 35 years, never understood the power of forgiveness.....so I take this task in steps and work on one thing at a time. I remember when I tried to forgive as a child.....I was only hurt again and have since built a wall that I am taking down piece by piece. I know someday I will be able to say that I forgive but I need time.

Everyone needs forgiveness.........sometimes it is just hard to give.


"Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned, forgive, and ye shall be forgiven."

~Luke 6:37~


No comments: