Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Tuesday 12 June 2007

Unconditional Love.....

Unconditional Love.......Can we really love someone unconditionally?

One definition that I have found is "Unconditional love is a concept that means showing love towards someone regardless of his or her actions or beliefs."

Unconditional Love is a dynamic and powerful energy that lifts us through the most difficult times in our lives. It is available at any moment, at any place and any time by turning our attention to it and allowing it to free us from our limitations. It requires practice and the intent to allow this energy to fulfill our daily experiences.

Unconditional love starts with ourselves, for without self-love, we do not know what true love can really be. By loving ourselves first we allow the feeling to generate within us and then we are able to share it with everyone and everything around us! In doing so with what we send out, only returns to us in a much greater measure. If you haven't given thought to how you feel about yourself physically, mentally, emotionally or spiritually, you to do so it can the start your journey that will change everything....the journey of Unconditional Love.....


A good example of unconditional love is the love one receives from their pets. Ask anyone who owns a dog, cat or any pet that has stolen their heart or not. Rocco and Timon (my two dogs) show unconditional love all the time. I can always count on Timon to hold hands...more so than my own husband (he's not into that)....I swear that dog thinks he is human. He has pushed my husband right out of his (Timon's) seat on the Settee so that he can sit next to me and we hold hand & paw. Timon is our protector and a valued member of our family and one of the loving animals I have ever seen. Rocco is there every morning waiting to give me kisses and to cuddle.....he is there every night with kisses good night, waiting for me to move his crate into my bedroom.....my husband calls him my little trailer as he follows me everywhere. Charlie, always met us at the door with his tail going 100 miles a hour....waiting for us to pick him and say hello. We lost Charlie last November, a day doesn't go by that we don't think of him and remember the love he showed our family.....unconditionally. I have learnt so much about Love and Unconditional Love from Timon, Charlie and Rocco....and even from our cats (I'm not particularly a cat lover) especially Fred, he greeted me every morning and every evening when I returned home from work. Fred always had a hug & kiss for you....that's right a cat that would hug and kiss you...

If our pets can show us unconditional love........then Why can't we? Do we let our emotions get too involved, is this what prevents us from loving unconditionally, maybe?



No comments: