Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Monday 26 May 2008

Ah-Ha Moments

It is amazing how one's self confidence rises as good things happen in ones life.

I had heard many people say that as they gained weight their confidence levels dropped and that when they started losing weight their confidence levels rose. I had my confidence Ah-ha moment last week. I have noticed that as I am shedding the pounds and inches my confidence is rising. I never really thought that my confidence was low but now as I think back to situations I realize it was. I attended a department wide meeting for work. When we arrived I found that we actually had to draw a number out of the hat to see which table we would be sitting at, already I didn't like it. I hate having assigned tables, it takes one out of their comfort zone and makes them vulnerable. So I drew Table 10, I was the first one to the table so I was able to take my pick of chairs. I sat their for a moment and thought to myself what am I doing, get up off your butt and go mingle. Before I would have stayed in my seat and waited for someone to come talk to me. It was at this moment that I had my Ah-ha moment and realized that my self confidence was rising. Then I asked myself what is different from this time to the last time you were in this situation. It was my weight that was different. Now I have lost 50 lbs or more but I have lost more than 20 lbs and more than 5 1/2 inches ( I haven't taken my measurements in over a month) but I am loosing weight and feel great. I am wearing clothes that I haven't worn in 5 years and clothes that I have been wearing that were on the tight side are now fitting better.

I have had a few Ah-Ha Moments since I decided to change my lifestyle for the better. Some of these moments come when I realize that eating breakfast everyday helps stay full through out the entire day day, not just the morning or being able to walk 5 km without pain and feeling like you could go again.

I especially like the looks I get from friends that haven't seen in months and notice that I have lost weight and say WOW you look good. I know that I am doing something right and I feel great about it.

When my husband told me he could tell I am loosing weight, I asked him how he said because I feel skinnier when he hugs me. That was such an awesome feeling to know that there is less of me now when he hugs me. I can feel it too, I do feel skinnier than I did last month and I look forward to feeling skinnier yet over the coming months.

Grocery shopping is a whole different experience now as well. I am reading labels and comparing the foods to get the healthiest choice possible. Part of my lifestyle change it wanting to have a garden so we can enjoy the fruits of our labor this fall when it comes time to harvest the garden. I want to can relish and freeze some produce for the winter and have potatoes till maybe Christmas time that come from our garden.

I am sure that I will have these Ah-Ha Moment as I continue on my lifestyle change that isn't only good for me and also for my family. Choosing to live healthier is my choice and I am glad that I made it.

No comments: