Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Sunday 11 May 2008

Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day

Today we celebrate our "Mothers". Many have traditions that they follow year after year, others decide from year to year what to do. Never the less this is the day for us to celebrate our mothers & grandmothers.

This year I started the day off walking with my Aunt Mavis. We walked 4.6 km about 2.8 miles. It was a really nice way to start my day. We took our time enjoying the beauty that God has given us in Nature. We checked out the different tracks that we found down the drive way like those from deer as they crossed from the hay field over to the pasture or those of a muskrat or those of the different birds such as geese and cranes.

So many times when I am either driving to work or going for a walk I see something and think, I wish I had brought my camera with me, so this time I did.

We decided to walk along in the ditch and see what we could see. We found some Crocus' in bloom. These are certainly a sign of spring. When I was a young girl every spring I used to ride my bike down the road to pick a small bouquet of Crocus' for my Grandma. Crocus' were always one of grandma's favorite wild flowers. So today instead of picking the Crocus' I took pictures of them. They are such a beautiful flower, we can only appreciate them for such a short time before they are gone for the year.


It was nice to be able to have that time with my aunt to reminisce about the past and talk about what has been happening in our lives the last couple of years and where we headed in the future.

When we arrived back home my dear husband had coffee on and omelets on the go for our Mother's Day Brunch. This was Al's Mother's Day Gift to us....

Another pictures of Crocus' that I took while on our walk this morning.



No comments: