Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Friday 30 May 2008

A Walking We Go

Tonight is the start of the Canadian Cancer Society 12 hr Relay for Life event here in PA. Along with many other towns & cities in Saskatchewan there will be Cancer Survivors walking in the Ceremonial Start with the first lap of the relay and many team members walking through out the night. To see the sea of yellow t-shirts is amazing and so inspiring, they tell us year after year that we give them inspiration and we tell them the same thing...it does my heart good to know that we have as much impact on the Survivors as we have on them.

So with lots of water, some healthy munchies and a couple of Red Bulls I am set for the night. I am hoping to stay awake the entire night which will be a feat in itself as last night was a late night and I was awake at 5am so yep its going to be a long night.

Each year I dedicate my walk to my Mom, Uncle Ralph, my best friend Cheryl Thompson and this year I am adding my Aunt Helen who is currently battling cancer.

No comments: