Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Sunday 4 May 2008

Michael

Last night as I was watching "Eight Days To Live" through my eye lids, the phone rings and it is my son Michael. It was great to hear from him. As tired as I was it was only 10:00 pm I enjoyed our talk.

He loves his job and loves living in Saskatoon. He started April 28 and worked a minimum of 8 hours each day. Yesterday he had the chance at some overtime and took it. He put in 7.5 hrs cleaning a bio-hazard spill at the Saskatoon Correctional Centre. He said they wore these suits that looked like space suits which in its own way looked kind of cool but still a very dangerous situation.

Michael told me that he never had that awkward out of place feeling that you sometimes get with the first couple of days on a new job. He said it felt like he had been working there for a long while. Gets along with everyone and likes what he is doing. He said it feels so rewarding to have a job that actually feels like your working, not like at the Coke plant where you stood there and pushed buttons or cooking in a restaurant.

It was great to hear him say I love my job and I love living in Saskatoon. I am so happy for him.

No comments: