Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Thursday 15 May 2008

Serenity

Last night I attended an Al-Anon meeting with my Aunt Mavis. I remember when I was about 10 years old I spent my summers in Vernon BC with my Aunt Mavis and her family. Each week while my aunt attended her Al-Anon meeting my cousins and I would attend the Al-a-Teen meetings. It was that summer that I learnt the Serenity Prayer and have used it for many different situations in my life over the years. I enjoyed the meeting and learn more about myself in that 1 hour at the meeting than I thought I would.

God Grant Me the Serenity
To Accept the Things I can not change
The Courage to Change the Things I can
And the Wisdom to know the difference

The theme was Gratitude which led into being grateful. A reading from a book sparked the theme and made me think deep inside the many different things that I have to be thankful for and grateful for these things as well. This sort of leads back to what I said yesterday about making a new memory each day.

My aunt talked about a list of things she was grateful for, this got me to thinking and starting my own Grateful List in my mind. The more things I thought of the more I realized that there is so many things to be grateful for in life. Sometimes we tend to forget about the things we are grateful for.

Later that night at home as I thought about the many things that I am grateful for; I thought to myself it is time to put these down on paper as a way to appreciate the gifts that God gives us. These gifts enrich our lives in so many ways, sometimes without us even realizing it.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3, 5-6

No comments: