Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Monday 12 May 2008

Nature, Beauty & Reminiscing

Today being my EDO from work my Aunt Mavis and I were able to enjoy another walk together. This morning we walked 5.20 km = 3.23 miles. It is so nice to be able to appreciate the beauty of the world around us. While we were walking we watched a Coyote way out in the pasture walking and looking for food. As we were watching him he spotted us and stopped in tracks and watched us continue our walk. Soon he was off and running to the north.

My two dogs, Timon & Rocco accompanied us on our journey. Timon went for a swim chasing after a muskrat, which was much faster than he was. I wish I had brought my camera along this morning, watching Timon chase after that muskrat was funny....would have made a great video for "America's Funniest Home Videos". Watching him jump in the air and come down with a big splash....a memory I will carry with me forever. He chased after the Mud Hens and the Ducks more so in play than anything. Rocco on the other had was at the end of his leash, jumping wanting to join his pal in the water. I am going to have to make it a habit to carry my camera while I am out on a walk, you never know what you might see.

Aunt Mavis and I reminisced about my Grandma Gardner and her love for ducks. To this day I think of my Grandma every time I a duck, how she loved ducks. Growing up I remember the many pictures of ducks we had on the wall or the figurines that grandma had collected over the years, I still a few of them. My favorite tea cup is one that my grandma used every day, a stone wear mug with a duck painted on the front. Every time I have a cup of tea I think of my grandma and remember her with fond memories.


We enjoyed the beauty of nature and listened to the choir of frogs that silenced as we approached the pond or the call of the ducks to others across the pond. The many different tracks we seen on the road this morning from different birds, animals and even caterpillars.



How many are your works, O Lord!
In wisdom you made them all;
the earth is full of your creatures.
Psalm 104:24

No comments: