Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Sunday 30 November 2008

Cleaning Cupboards

Yesterday morning when my husband opened the cupboard to get the sugar out for his coffee as usually something fell out. This cupboard has been in need of a cleaning for close to a year now, maybe even over the year. So I figured with this the season to be baking more than usual this was as good a time as any to clean the cupboard. Being in the cleaning mode decided the oven needed cleaning so set it to clean and walked away. As I started to clean out the cupboard I found things that needed to be thrown away years ago...found an empty box and set to cleaning and throwing.

You see back in June after my dad passed away and we cleaned out his cupboards I gave my son many things but there was still stuff that he didn't have a need for at this time so I added it to my cupboards. I found I had 2 bottles of Cayenne Pepper and an unopened bag of the stuff. That seems like a lot of Cayenne pepper...so seeing that one of the bottles must have been 10 years old that hit the garbage box first then the second bottle followed right behind as it must have been close to the same age.

As I preceded to clean out the cupboard I found things that I bought I don't know how many years ago. I found more tea than what I know what to do with.... I should not be allowed to buy any more tea until at least half of what I have is gone. I have Candy Cane Lane, Gingerbread Spice, Earl Grey, Chi Tea, Lemon Zinger and the list goes on and on.

Back in the spring when I started my Life Style Change I picked up some tea from the health food store called Body Sense. Well I remember opening the tea and I was sure I had put it in the cupboard but couldn't find it anywhere. Then I figured that my dog Rocco had made off with the box and stashed it under my bed like he did with so many things. Lifted the mattress and box spring of the bed frame no tea there either, I had pretty much given up on ever finding this tea. It was like it had disappeared into thing air. Well it was more like slipping into the dark corners of the cupboard...there is sat waiting to be found and that I did when I cleaned out the cupboard. So 2 hours later my cupboards were done, the stove had cleaned itself all that was left was to wipe it out - which my hubby did as he was cooking supper and a box of garbage went out to the burning barrel.

Now I have a more accurate list of supplies needed for my Christmas baking.

No comments: