Page Translation

Christmas Countdown Widget

Thursday 27 November 2008

Sugar Cookie Recipe

If you have ever tried the Lofthouse Sugar Cookies available in most Grocery Store Bakery depts you will like this recipe. I found myself becoming addicted to the Lofthouse Sugar Cookies and thought there must be a recipe out there somewhere that is close to these cookies, well I think I found the next best thing. This recipe quickly become a family favorite in my house.

I thought I would share my sugar cookie recipe just in case your wanting to try something new.
Enjoy!

Sugar Cookies

1 Cup Butter
2 Cups Granulated sugar
3 Eggs
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 1/3 Cups Sour Cream
5 - 6 Cups of flour (until consistency for rolling) I used 6 cups

Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and sour cream.
Mix in dry ingredients. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F

Roll out dough to 1/4 - 3/8 inch thickness using a generous amount of flour. Cut out into shapes and bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Frost and decorate as desired

Sugar Cookie Frosting (just like Wilton's Decorator Icing)

4 Cups Confectioners Sugar
1/2 Cup Crisco Shortening
5 Tbsp Milk
1 Tsp Vanilla
food coloring optional

In large bowl, cream together the confectioners sugar and shortening until smooth. Gradually mix in the milk and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth and stiff, about 5 minutes. Color with food coloring as desired.

hit: to make black icing that doesn't have the awefull taste to it, mix in some coco...you get black icing that tastes like chocolate.

No comments: